Mom on the Run

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

First summer project complete!

I just completed one of my first summer projects. Yay! I painted the master bedroom a nice warm golden color that was custom mixed for me at Sherwin Williams (my dad is a manager at another Sherwin Williams store so he hooks me up with advice about colors and a sweet discount). The shade is in between Inviting Ivory and Harvester. I thought the "inviting" part was especially appropriate for a bedroom. I am very happy with how it turned out, its always good when it turns out exactly how you envision it. Now the fun part of putting the room back together. John helped me remove the tape from the baseboards yesterday. He thought that was loads of fun until we were all done and he threw a temper tantrum because he wanted to do more. It feels great to get this project completed.
Now for the rest of the week: laundry, packing, and cleaning. We are going to be out of town for a week and a friend is house/dog sitting. I always have this incredible urge to clean the house whenever we take a trip. I usually stay up really late the night before cleaning and packing. Jerrod gets mad @1 or 2 a.m. and tells me to come to bed. Then I can't sleep because I think about the stuff that I didn't get done. I feel like the house has to be immaculate now that someone will be staying there while we are gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home