Mom on the Run

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

John's going to preschool

A few weeks ago I found out that one of the ladies that watched John during the school year had taken a job. I wasn't too concerned because her mother-in-law, who John loves and calls "Mamaw", would be watching him and two other boys (3 1/2 and 4 1/2). Well, then I found out that there would be one other child as well, a newborn. Jerrod and I were a little concerned with this, because a newborn needs a lot of attention and "Mamaw" is probably in her late sixties. Some friends of ours have a little boy who is @ a week younger than John, and they are planning on sending him to the preschool at their church two mornings a week. I checked into sending John there as well because it is right across the street from where Jerrod works so he could drop him off and pick him up. I just got off the phone with the director of the preschool, and I am so excited. They have one spot left, so I am going this afternoon to do the paper work. John will go Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9-12. He'll get to play outside, do musical activities, and sometimes even fingerpaint with seven other boys and girls his age. There are two teachers and they do not watch videos. The kids even get to participate in the Christmas and Mother's day performances. There is a parent orientation the end of August. I am feeling much better about going back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home