Mom on the Run

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer projects

I don't consider myself very handy, so whenever I do something using a drill (and it comes out ok), it feels like a big accomplishment. So I took some "before" pictures of these ledges that we bought about 5 years ago for our first house. When we moved into our current house, we couldn't find anywhere to put them so they have been sitting around for 4 years. So I decided that they would be great in the dining room, but they needed to be white. So I sanded, primed, and painted the ledges white (this was the easy part). These ledges are particularly hard because they have three hanging slots on the back that have to be level, flush to the wall, and the holes have to be very precisely measured. Anyway, it actually took less time than I thought it would, and I'm very happy with the result.



I also completed my first sewing project. This is a picture of some curtains I made for a bookshelf in my classroom. My mom was in town last weekend and gave me a quick lesson on using the sewing machine. The stitches are very crooked, but you can't really tell because the material is gathered. I am excited about making more things. I'm not sure what my next project will be, but my step-mother-in-law is a great seamstress, so I'm hoping to get another lesson from her when Jerrod's family comes to visit (possibly this weekend).



I am going close this post with some pictures from our vacation in Savannah (about a month ago). I didn't post the pictures earlier because the cord needed to download pictures from the camera to the computer was missing. Jerrod blamed me and said I was the last one to use it. He reminded me that I needed to be more responsible, and I looked everywhere for it. Well, it turned out that the cord was in Jerrod's bag the entire time. He forgot he put it there.



The mailbox is no longer green!

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Erin said...

very nice! The ledges and curtain look great, as do the pictures. You are one hot mama!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home