Mom on the Run

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Praying for a snow day

For the teachers out there, January, February and March can seem like an eternity. The rest of the school year flies by, but these months tend to be very long. The one hope that you do have during these months is the possibility of a snow day. With the weather we've had recently, I didn't see a snow day coming any time soon. Since I'm in my first trimester and the only thing I want to do is stay in elastic waisted pants and sleep, I am praying for many snow days. I've checked weather.com about a hundred times today, and I think the best case scenario for tomorrow for Lynchburg City is one hour delay. Hey, its not an entire day, but it I'll take it. I can cuddle in bed with John while watching Sesame Street instead of running around the house trying to get his lunch/snacks/juice/milk/clothes packed for the day and be out the door by 7:30; and I can eat breakfast at home instead of in the car. If you don't like snow, I'm sorry, but I'm praying for many snow days in the coming months. John got boots for Christmas and I'm looking forward to letting him try them out. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I feel you sister. I was SOOOOOO hoping for a delay today.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the comment...i've thought about setting up a blog like yours & your friends...but everyone out here is into myspace. i'll have to think on that one. you're right - we need a visit and to see your adorable son and hang out time with you and jerrod. we should use our wifely powers and make the boys plan something...i would love to meet all your friends! you are so lucky...it seems like you have a really good core group of women to support you. and they're all interesting and active and fun! i'm jealous!! anyhoo, keep checking in on my myspace, and i'll try to be better about posting blogs so you'll know what's up with us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home