Mom on the Run

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A month of thanksgiving

Since today is the first day of November, and also the month I turn 30, I have decided to try to post on my blog every day. I thought since Thanksgiving is also this month and I can think of a lot to be thankful for, I would focus on one thing I am thankful for each day. So today I am especially thankful for the health of my family. John is just getting over a pretty bad illness called herpangina (similar to hand-foot-mouth disease). He had a fever @103 and the worst part was he had sores all in his mouth, tongue, and throat. He didn't eat very much for a few days, and had two night of waking up every hour screaming. That extra hour of sleep on Sat. night was such a blessing. Even though he has had a few sick days (roseola, vomitting, diarrhea, cough, colds, fevers) over the last year, they have all been viral so he's never had to take antibiotics. I'm hoping all this will pay off one day (maybe he'll get perfect attendance in kindergarten because his immune system is so strong) or maybe I can help out a friend who's not sure what her child might have or how to treat it. Today he is back to his adorable self, eating, talking, and playing as usual. Jerrod and I have also been blessed with good health. I am especially thankful that the problem with my thyroid a little of a year a go was nothing major. I had my thyroid check last month and every thing was fine. Thank you God for the health of my family!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Joy Morykon said...

I like your idea of being thankful each day for something. This is going to be such a great month! i am so thankful for my health too, Amanda i have had the most amazing pregnancy i just can't believe how blessed i am. Thanks for reminding me. Love the your halloween doggie.. too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home