Mom on the Run

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Great News for a Great Day

My Saturday started bright and early (after only about 5 hours sleep) when Jerrod, John, and I arrived just in time for the 8 am start of the Lynchburg Half Marathon and 5K. Jerrod and I ran the 5K, and of course, John just went along for the ride (Jerrod pushed him in the jogging stroller). We didn't stick around for the results since the half marathoners were not even finished, but I was very pleased with my time. I found out later I got third in my age group and I got a really cool medal.
I talked to my mom later in the morning and she told me that my uncle accepted a job in Lynchburg so their family will be moving from Greensboro. I was very excited about this news because my parents would like to move to Lynchburg when they retire (in @ a year and a half), but my dad's only reservation was leaving my grandmother with no one to look after her. Now that my uncle will be in Lynchburg, they can move my grandmother here as well.

With all of the family issues that I have dealt with over the past year this news made me think of the verse in Ephesians that says, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think..." God has given me more than I could imagine. I've wanted my parents to move to Lynchburg so that they could be an important part of John's life (and future siblings), but I never dreamed He could also allow my grandmother, uncle, aunt, and cousin to live so close as well. All I can put into words right now is: God is so good!

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda that's so great! I know what a blessing this will be for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home